On episode 42 of This Girl Life podcast we had the honor of siting down with parenting guru/author and New York Times bestselling author, Jessica Lahey. Jessica is the author of The Gift of Failure, a book dedicated to providing parents with solutions, targeted advice and a plan to help parents learn to step back and embrace their kids failures. She is a parenting guru and offers our listeners tangible advice for kids of all ages. On top of being a NYT best selling author, Jessica is a a mom, wife, teacher, podcast host, and new TV creator. This episode is a can’t miss.
On this episode we talk about:
- The importance of giving your child space
- The negative implications of over parenting
- The #1 thing kids say they want their parents to know about them
- How to encourage kids learning and set them up for adulthood
- The importance of asking for your child’s opinion and getting them involved in daily decisions
- Connect with Jessica Lahey
- Listen to Jessica’s podcast, #AmWriting
- Connect with Jessica on Instagram
- Get her book, The Gift of Failure here
- Follow along with @tglpodcast on Instagram:
- Get social using #tgltuesdays & don’t forget to stalk your hosts: @kgrace01 and @positivelyposie
In this episode, Jessica mentions a TON of great reading materials. There are so many resources out there for you, we wanted to create an easy (pinnable) image for you to reference later!
Save this pin for later! Or, buy these books here!
+ don’t miss other TGL posts